Karena Gruber, The Climate Trust
November 18, 2014
Job Title: Data Application Analyst Intern
Reports to: Project Analyst
Job Dates: Jan-March
Status: Temporary, Part Time
Organization Description: The Climate Trust is a mission-driven nonprofit that specializes in climate solutions for governments, utilities, and large businesses. We provide carbon credits, customized voluntary climate programs, and climate consulting services. We apply this market experience to the development of sound climate policy. Our focus on quality ensures the integrity of both the carbon market and the environment.
We are currently seeking an intern with knowledge and/or experience in web based data platforms and programming to work on the initial assessment and development of a web based tool for project developers seeking to generate carbon offsets through changes to fertilizer management practices in agriculture. This internship will research and provide recommendations on the development of a tool that can be interpreted by a web developer.
• Research and understand currently existing data collection tools in the agricultural sector
• Analyze gaps in data collection and transfer, and the potential for the TCT website to communicate with these platforms
• Write a summary of obstacles and recommendations for inclusion in a larger report on the nutrient management sector
• Provide feedback to TCT on tool development that can be interpreted by a web developer
Required Qualifications for success in this position:
• Understanding of APIs
• Understanding web based data collection platforms, including web apps
• Basic HTML/XML coding
• Familiarity with data collection and data transfer protocols
• Strong communication skills: written and oral
• Interest in climate change and/or sustainable agriculture
Student Learning Outcomes:
• A basic understanding of the carbon markets
• Contribute to market-wide understanding of information transfer needs
• Generate key lessons learned that can be incorporated in a larger report on the current state of the nutrient management market
• Understand the potential for carbon financing in this market
Internships pay $10-12/hour with the potential to earn school credit. The internship will be for 8-10 weeks at 20 hours a week. Schedule is flexible. Internships are temporary positions and do not include benefits.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls please. The Climate Trust is an equal opportunity employer.
©2016 The Climate Trust. Handcrafted by Illusio Design